Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cupcake Bites

These are so so so amazing. I think it's because I used the dark chocolate mint melts instead of regular. If you like mint & dark chocolate AND like cake pops then this is the perfect mesh.

You need to make normal cake pop balls like you would for any other recipe. Make them, prepare them, and freeze them first. After they have been shaped and in the freezer for 15 minutes you are ready to move on. You won't need sticks for this.


The trick is to use the candy molds in the shape of peanut butter cups for the base of your cup cake bites. Melt chocolate wafers (I highly recommend the dark chocolate mint if you like the combination of those flavors, look for them at AC Moore or Michael's) according to package directions. You have the option of using the squeeze bottles, any kind will do. But I didn't really like using them. You might have better luck. Just make sure they are FULLY melted. I used a normal glass cup to melt mine in.


Then you spoon/squeeze the melted chocolate into the molds. Don't fill them all the way. Only fill 3/4 of the way. Only do a couple at a time. Because before they dry you must place the cake balls in each mold with the chocolate in it. Once the tray is full place them in the freezer. You may want to use multiple trays at a time to make this go faster.


Wait for them to cool an dry. Pop them out individually. Melt a different color chocolate such as pink or another cut cupcake color. Dip the top of the cupcake, the cake ball, into the melted chocolate holding the cupcake by the chocolate base. Place a red M&M upside down on the top and cover with rainbow sprinkles before the chocolate melts. 


ADORABLE!!!


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...