Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cake Pops (Spiced w/ Peanut Butter & Chocolate Sprinkles)

On my most recent Snow Day we had another Cake Pop Extravaganza. 3 of my fellow teacher friends came over and we went into a cake pop frenzy. We made a bunch of different kinds. One of the coolest combinations that we came up with (Thanks Nicole!) were...


Spice Cake + Peanut Butter Flavored Chocolate Melts + Chocolate Sprinkles 

Have you ever had Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice Cake before? So Good! The spice comes from such things as cinnamon, allspice, coriander, ginger, & nutmeg. Just as good as chocolate cake...give it a try.

There are all different kinds of Candy Melts to try out. Traditional chocolate is always good. There are different types of colors...purple, pink, blue, red, etc. that are vanilla flavored. But my favorite are dark chocolate, dark chocolate mint (!!!!), and peanut butter. 

The peanut butter was hard to work with after a while. It started to dry out and we weren't able to reheat it properly. But it worked out in the beginning. It also tasted really good. 

The chocolate sprinkles were definitely the best, but we had other types of fun sprinkles that we used and other colors/flavors that we tried out. 

If you don't know how to make cake pops yet you can check out my original cake pop post or buy this cake pop book

What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...