Saturday, February 12, 2011

Meatball Soup

Can you guess where I got this recipe from? Yup, you guessed it. Freezer Pleasers!


Ingredients:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
4 cups reduced-fat beef broth
1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 cup uncooked pasta, any kindDirections:
Combine egg, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan, garlic salt and pepper.
Mix in crumbled ground beef and mix well.
Shape into 1-inch balls. 
Brown meatballs in large saucepan. They do not have to be entirely cooked through at this point.
Add broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot, and italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
Cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pasta. Simmer 10 minutes longer or until meat and pasta are cooked.
Serve or freeze.


To use frozen soup -- thaw in fridge that morning. Place soup in saucepan and heat through.


What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...