Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mexican Pizza

We had a late night at our house on Saturday night. We came back from a birthday party and a bunch of us stayed up eating, talking, and watching EPIC meal videos on You Tube. (You think I should make one of those meals for my blog???)

I knew the boys were starting to get restless (and devouring all of my puppy chow) so I had to make something for everyone to eat for dinner. I had this mexican pizza recipe that I wanted to try out, so I went for it.


Check out Green Lite Bites for other cool recipes. My recipe below is modified from the original recipe, but it turned out great and the boys enjoyed it. 




Ingredients:
1 container of Pillsbury dough pizza crust
1/4 cup of Goya-brand cooking base cilantro (or enough to cover the pizza) or you can use dried cilantro (see picture)
1 can of fat-free refried beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles or salsa, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1.5 to 2 cups of mexican-style cheese, shredded (or whatever other cheese you have)
chili powder and/or taco seasoning



Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with olive oil spray
Open and unravel pizza crust, lay on the cookie sheet
Spread refried beans evenly on crust with spatula
Do the same with the cilantro
Top with tomatoes & peppers
Sprinkle with a little bit of chili powder or taco seasoning
Top with cheese
Cook in oven for about 20 minutes, maybe longer. You want to make sure the crust is crispy all the way around and cheese is melted.







What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...