Thursday, February 10, 2011

Puppy Chow


Puppy Chow is nothing new. It's a favorite snack among many. But I've never made it before. So I was excited to try to make it for the first time with my sister-in-laws this past weekend. Please check out the recipe we used below and let me know if I should make any adjustments or improvements. I would love to know how to make puppy chow better. I think we should of used more chocolate and peanut butter, but this is all we had and it still turned out well. 


Ingredients:
9 cups of corn chex (I just used the whole box)
1 cup of chocolate chips (or half a package)
1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter (or creamy)
1/4 cup of butter
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups of confectioners sugar (or more if needed)


Directions:
Melt butter & chocolate chips in a small sauce pan. Stirring occasionally. 
Pour in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir well.
Pour over large bowl of chex. 
I suggest using a bowl with a lid to help make mixing easier.
Mix well with a spoon making sure most of the chex are covered in chocolate.
Top with sugar and shake about to cover most of it evenly. 



What do you think? Comments? Suggestions? I would love to know that you visited my blog. Please leave me a message letting me know you were here! Did you try out a recipe? Let me know! I would love to hear from you :-)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...