Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chicken Stuffing Casserole


I have A LOT of friends who've had babies lately. I've been making lots of dinners to bring to them and here is a great one to try out. Easy to make, freeze, and then serve later.


Can you guess where I got this recipe from???


The original recipe calls fro lots of mushrooms and mushroom soup, but I want nothing to do with mushrooms so I left that out. You can add them in, your choice. 


Ingredients:
2 packages (6 oz) chicken stuffing mix
butter for stuffing mix
1 can of cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
3 cups of cubed chicken, cooked
2 cups frozen corn or frozen mixed vegetables (with corn)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
Prepare stuffing according to directions.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk, set aside.
Spread the stuffing into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
Layer with the cooked chicken, corn, soup mixture, and cheese.
You can cook now or freeze for later.


If you choose to cook immediately...
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is melted.


If you choose to freeze for later...
Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking.
Cover and bake at 350 for 60 to 90 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.


I would love to know that you visited my blog or tried out a recipe. Leave me some love & encouragement!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...